Friday, October 12, 2007

Useful Information for In and Out of the Classroom 10/12/07

Here are some more interesting sites that I’ve found. As a teacher, I feel we have to keep up to date concerning research in our field and current issues in the education system. I hope some of these inspire you, inform you, and even have you asking questions. If you have any sites you would like for me to check out, please let me know.

K 12Online Conference 2007: This is a conference by educators for educators around the world interested in integrating emerging technologies into classroom practice. I listened and watched one of the sessions the other night and it was pretty interesting.

In the Mix: Sports Screeners: For grades 7-12. Designed to be used in a classroom or youth group setting, this activity will heighten youth awareness of physical activity and sports in film and television. This activity will encourage youth to become critical movie and TV viewers, by drawing attention to how physical activity and sports for youth is normalized (made to look acceptable) or glamorized in many films and on television.

The Virtual Vine: Early childhood, preschool through 2nd grade with themes and units, displays, literacy and math connections.

Memory Improvement Techniques: interesting techniques to try

US Geography Game: free game for students to practice geography skills

I hope everyone has a good weekend! I am going to my alma mater’s football game on Saturday (Furman vs. Citadel). Go Paladins!

No comments: